Dr. Jackson’s Telehealth Update
It seems like with each passing day, new information regarding COVID-19 comes to light and requires us to adapt to best serve our patients in a safe, compassionate, and efficient way.
I am excited to announce the official start of our telehealth services. We want to keep serving our patients well but recognize that an in-clinic visit may not be appropriate right now. This service can be used for any currently established patient, no matter your decision on staying with our clinic in the future (which has been postponed given this outbreak).
- This will be for routine office visits like medication refills, chronic disease management, and simple acute problems that may come up over the next few weeks.
- We cannot do telehealth for physicals or annual wellness visits.
- If you are really sick, it may be safer to do an in-office evaluation. We will help with this decision.
- Please let us know if you do not have video capabilities (smartphone or webcam) – some insurance companies are ONLY covering audo+video communication.
- Most insurance companies are now covering telehealth in response to COVID-19. Please help us insure that you have telehealth coverage prior to your appointment.
- If you have no telemedicine coverage or are uninsured, these visits will cost the same as our usual self-pay office rate
- For our current Synergy DPC patients, these visits are included in your membership without extra charge.
What to Expect
- Request a telehealth visit with our front desk
- You’ll be invited to Spruce Health via text message and email
- Your provider will call you around the time of your appointment via this app (turn notifications on!)
In times of medical uncertainty, it is reassuring to know that someone cares deeply about you and your health. We will continue to work hard and go the extra mile for our patients – it’s what you deserve and what our community needs.
Here is a running list of what we are doing at Vickery Family Medicine, Sona Walk-In Clinic, and the Biltmore Clinic to take care of you:
- We have a physician lead who is in daily communication with the Buncombe County Health Department
- We have developed protocols for screening our patients for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection PRIOR to coming into our offices
- Our Sona Clinic was first in Buncombe County to conduct a drive-through clinic at Sona Walk-In Clinic for COVID-19 testing for high-risk patients.
- We have an in-clinic workflow to keep higher risk patients in isolation from other patients, including a separate, designated exam room.
- We have established relationships with local lab companies that can perform COVID-19 testing on symptomatic patients. Turnaround time is around 4-7 days
Please follow our blog or await future emails from our clinic for more information and updates on COVID-19 and our clinic. If you have further questions or would like to schedule a telemedicine visit, please contact our office at 828-274-1600.Continue Reading